Sweet Whiskey BBQ Sauce Recipe
A sweet whiskey BBQ sauce recipe. Don't worry, the alcohol will boil out and this sauce is safe for everyone.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Servings: 3 cups BBQ sauce
- 2 Tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoons corn starch or all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons molasses
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 and 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup of Jack Daniels Whiskey or any whiskey [whisky] you like, below I used Maker's Mark
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoons black pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and let simmer until sauce has thickened (about 20-30 min).
Strain dried onion flakes and put sauce in a container.