BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza – a great way to use leftover BBQ pulled pork. Definitely a go-to Ooni pizza recipe for every house!
Say goodbye to boring leftovers and say hello to leftover heaven! This BBQ pulled pork pizza is everything you love about pulled pork topped with onions, jalapenos, cheese, crispy dough.
Looking for more delicious pizza recipes, check out my Grilled NY Style Pizza and Pepperoni Roll Tailgate Appetizer!
BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza
Forget take out and deffinitly forget the frozen pizza. If you are looking for a different kind of pizza night, try this BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza made in an Ooni pizza oven.
Packed with incredible flavors, this bbq pulled pork pizza hits all the spots – from putting leftovers to use to bold flavors, incredible sauce, and delicious toppings, this pizza has it all.
Whether you are cooking for yourself, your immediate family, or entertaining friends and family, this pizza will impress and have the whole room talking … or not, because they will be too busy eating!
BONUS: This recipe is kid-friendly and kid-approved!
BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza Ingredients
Meat: 6 oz of shredded pulled pork leftovers.
Don’t have leftovers? Don’t sweat, you can use freshly made pulled pork too.
Sauce and Seasoning: There is no better sauce to pair with pulled pork pizza than the most delicious BBQ sauce and ½ tsp BBQ Dry Rub.
Pizza Dough: I recommend trying your hand at making your own pizza dough, it’s easier than you may think. However, you can also buy pizza dough at your local grocery store. Sometimes you can find it fresh, never frozen, and other times you can find it in the freezer section.
Toppings: What’s a pizza without its toppings?! Top off your pizza with only the best like fresh jalapeños, red onion, and shredded cheddar cheese
Flour: Semolina Flour is used to prevent your dough from sticking to the peel.
How to make BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza
Preheat the Oven. Preheat your Ooni Pizza oven to about 900 degrees F. Using your choice of hardwood or lump charcoal. The pre-heating process should take about 15-20 minutes.
Roll Dough. Use a rolling pin to evenly roll out pizza dough. Once even, hand stretch the dough until you have a 10-12 inch pizza.
TIP: Make sure to dust the rolling pin and the board with semolina flour to prevent sticking.
Flour and Top the Pizza. Once the dough is stretched out dust the pizza peel with semolina flour and place dough onto the peel. Top the pizza with a thin layer of bbq sauce the cheese and toppings.
Temperature Check. Use your inferred thermometer to check the deck temperature of the pizza stone. Once it’s 900 degrees F slide the pizza onto the center of the stone.
Watch the pizza. Keep an eye on the back of the pizza closest to the flame. Turn the pizza every 20-30 seconds as you see the edges of the crust bubbling up until the pizza is fully cooked all the way around.
Transfer and Cut. Use the peel to transfer the pizza to a serving tray or cutting board. Slice into the desired amount of pieces and serve immediately.
Helpful Kitchen Equipment
Ooni Pizza Oven
A pizza oven from heaven! Honestly, if you don’t have one, get one. If you are looking for a holiday gift for your husband, boyfriend, brother, dad, or significant other, this is it!
A pizza peel is a tool you use to place pizzas in the oven without spilling any of the ingredients off the top of your pizza. If you go out a pizza place that still uses a wood burning pizza oven, you will see them whip one out!
This is helpful to take the temperature of the oven to ensure if is hot enough before you put the pizza in.
I prefer these pizza cutters over the round wheel cutters any day of the week. They are quick and easy and you look way more badass!
What is a Ooni Pizza Oven?
If you are unfamiliar, Ooni is the world’s #1 outdoor pizza oven company.
They have a full range of products by Ooni Pizza Ovens allowing you to truly bring the pizzeria right to your own backyard.
Ooni Pizza Ovens allows you to always have restuarant quality pizza year round.
I know what some of you are probably thinking, is an Ooni Pizza Oven worth the price tag? In short, yes!
They are high-quality, easy to clean, easy to use, easy to assemble, and constantly deliver on the incredible pizza front.
BBQ Pizza Substitutions and Variations
Nothing like spicing things up or changing things around. Never make the same pizza more than once with my list of substitutions and variations.
- Naan Pizza Dough
- Gluten-Free Pizza Dough
- Keto-Friendly Pizza Dough
- Green Peppers
- Ranch Dressing Drizzle
- Chimchurri Sauce
- Sweet Chili Sauce
More Recipes You will Love
BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza: Ooni Pizza Recipe
- Ooni Pizza Oven
- Pizza Peel
- Infered Thermometer
- 6 oz Pulled Pork Leftover, Shredded
- ¾ cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 2 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- 1 Pizza Dough
- 1 Fresh Jalapeño thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Red Onion thinly sliced
- ½ tsp BBQ Dry Rub
- ¼ cup Semolina Flour to prevent dough from sticking to the peel
- 1.Preheat Ooni Pizza oven to about 900 degrees F. Using your choice of hardwood or lump charcoal. Should take about 15-20 minutes.
- Use a rolling pin to evenly roll out pizza dough they hand stretch until you have a 10-12 inch pizza dough. Make sure to dust the rolling pin and the board with semolina flour to prevent sticking.
- Once the dough is stretched out dust the pizza peel with semolina flour and place dough onto the peel. Top the pizza with a thin layer of bbq sauce the cheese and toppings.
- Use your inferred thermometer to check the deck temperature of the pizza stone. Once its 900 degrees F slide the pizza onto the center of the stone.
- Keep an eye on the back of the pizza closest to the flame. Turn the pizza every 20-30 seconds as you see the edges of the crust bubbling up until the pizza is fully cooked all the way around.
- Use the peel to transfer the pizza to a serving tray or cutting board. Slice into desired amount of pieces and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply