If you say you don’t like green beans, I implore you to try these Sheet Pan Green Beans Almondine with Bacon recipe.
Fresh green beans tossed in olive oil with smoky cooked bacon and crunchy almonds roasted on a sheet pan making this the perfect simple side dish for the holidays.
Ive been making this classic French recipe since my days as a line cook and now I hope you take this easy recipe and make it part of your holiday meals
If green bean casserole is too rich for you the almondine recipe is a great lighter recipe that doesn’t lack in flavor
Ingredient List For Green Beans Almondine with Bacon
Green Beans: I really recommend using Fresh green beans instead of frozen ones. If you use Hariot Vert (skinny French green beans), you will need to cook them a few minutes less than traditional green beans
Bacon: To keep things simple, I buy precooked chopped bacon. If you’re cooking fresh bacon, you’ll need about 8-10 slices. Use a sheet pan to cook the bacon and then use the same sheet pan so the green beans can cook in the bacon fat.
Almond Slivers: You can use Chopped almonds or sliced ones, but the blanched almond slivers are my personal favorite for this almandine recipe.
Red Peppers: These thinly sliced red peppers are optional, but the red and green color is perfect for the holidays.
Seasoning: I keep it simple and use a blend of salt, pepper, and garlic for the recipe but feel free to season the green beans however you like.
Olive Oil: As a good Italian boy, I have to add a splash of olive oil to roast the green beans
Substitutions and Variations
This recipe is made in the oven with a sheet pan but you can easily use a large skillet and sauté the green beans almondine over medium high heat.
Other ingredients you might want to add include:
- Lemon Zest
- Fresh Minced Garlic
- Red Chili Flakes
- Canadian Bacon/Ham
- Crispy Fried Onions (on top)
If you don’t like green beans you might also try this same recipe with Brussels sprouts or broccoli florets
How To Prepare Green Beans Almondine
First Step: Blanch the green beans in boiling water for about 90 seconds. Next shock in a cold water ice bath. This will give the green beans a more vibrant color and speed up the roasting process. This can be done ahead of time
Second Step: Toss the green beans in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and seasonings. Spread the green beans out on the sheet pan and top with almond slices, chopped crispy bacon and red pepper slices.
Third Step: Roast the green beans almondine in the oven for 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees F. Serve immediately
More Recipes You Will Love
- WHITE CHEDDAR MASHED POTATO CASSEROLE
- CLASSIC SOUTHERN SQUASH CASSEROLE
- CORN CASSEROLE RECIPE WITH BACON AND SMOKED GOUDA
- THE BEST DEEP FRIED TURKEY RECIPE
- CRANBERRY APPLE CHUTNEY
- CHEESY MUSHROOMS WITH PARMESAN AND PROSCIUTTO
- CREAM CHIPPED BEEF GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
Sheet Pan Green Beans Almondine with Bacon
- Sheet Pan
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees F
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water for about 90 seconds. Next shock in a cold water ice bath. This will give the green beans a more vibrant color and speed up the roasting process. This can be done ahead of time
- Toss the green beans in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and seasonings. Spread the green beans out on the sheet pan and top with almond slices, chopped crispy bacon and red pepper slices.
- Roast the green beans almondine in the oven for 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees F. Serve immediately