Red Grilled Cabbage with creamy and delicious Curry Yogurt Sauce is the perfect healthy snack, appetizer, or side dish for your next meal!
It can be a challenge to find ways to make snacks that are both yummy and healthy.
However, this delicious grilled red cabbage with curry yogurt sauce checks the boxes and goes great with Grilled Salmon.
Perfectly grilled to enhance flavor and drizzled with deliciously creamy Curry Yogurt Sauce this Red Grilled Cabbage will have your mouth watering instantly.
Grilled Red Cabbage Recipe
Look at us; a vision of health … and just in time for all those new years resolutions!
Whether you are looking for a healthy side dish, looking to make something healthier, or just craving veggies, this recipe is for you!
Did you know cabbage is a terrific source of fiber with 1 gram of fiber to every 10 calories? It can lower your cholesterol and also fill you up so you eat less.
Bonus: cabbage has nutrients that keep the lining of your stomach and intestines nice and strong.
Now, aside from the health benefits of red cabbage, I love this recipe because it is easy to customize and make your own. Whether you want more or less seasoning it is up to you! Cook time? … that is your preference as well.
Added bonus, the colors of this dish are so eye-catching and can dress up any plate. The flavor won’t disappoint either with a flavor burst in every bite.
Ingredients to make Red Grilled Cabbage with Curry Yogurt Sauce
Grilled Red Cabbage
- 1 head Red Cabbage Medium size
- ¼ cup Avocado oil
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
Curry Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Garlic Minced
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Mint (Chopped)
- 2 tbsp Parsley or Cilantro (Chopped)
- 1 Lime Juice and zest
- ¼ cup Scallions (Sliced)
- 2 tbsp Jalapeno (Diced)
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
How to Cook Red Grilled Cabbage with Curry Yogurt Sauce
Preparation. Combine all yogurt ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Store in the fridge until time to serve.
Preheat. Set the grill between 400-425°F.
Clean cabbage. Remove any loose or damaged leaves from the cabbage then cut in half, splitting the stem in two. Then, cut the halves into quarters and quarters into eighths so you have a total of 8 wedges.
Season. Brush avocado oil on all sides then season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
Grill. Gill the wedges on each side for about 3-4 minutes per side carefully turning using a spatula and tongs to help hold the wedges together.
Remove from heat. Once the outer edges are charred to your liking you can move to indirect heat and continue cooking until tender. This should take about 15-20 minutes.
Drizzle sauce. Spoon out the sauce over the grilled cabbage and serve.
Leftover Grilled Red Cabbage
If you have leftovers, cooked red cabbage will last for 3-5 days in the fridge.
All you have to do is wrap the leftover cabbage tightly in foil or plastic wrap. Not a fan of wrapping? The cabbage can and will also keep nicely in a shallow airtight container.
How to Save Extra Curry Yogurt Sauce
Your extra or leftover sauce will last about 7-10 days in the fridge. Simply store it in an airtight container.
Other uses for Curry Yogurt Sauce include using for pasta salad, salad dressings, or serving with other grilled veggies.
More Recipes You Will Love
Grilled Red Cabbage with Curry Yogurt Sauce
- Prepare the yogurt sauce by combining all ingredients in a bowl and whisking until well combined. Store in the fridge until time to serve
- Preheat the grill to 400-425 degrees F.
- Remove any loose or damaged leaves from the cabbage then cut in half spitting the stem in two. Then cut the halves into quarter and the quarters into eighths so you have a total of 8 wedges
- brush avocado oil on all sides then season with salt, pepper and garlic
- Grill the wedges on each side for about 3-4 minutes per side carefully turning using a spatula and tongs to help hold the wedges together.
- once the outer edges are charred to your liking you can more to indirect heat and continue cooking until tender. should take about 15-20 minutes
- spoon out the sauce over the grilled cabbage and serve.