Sheet Pan Everything Bagel Cabbage Wedges Recipe
This recipe for Sheet Pan Everything Cabbage is a fantastic easy to make side dish that will convert even the biggest cabbage haters.
Buttery Roasted Cabbage with Everything but the bagel seasoning brings out the natural sweetness in the cabbage. Great for St. Paddy’s but I bet you’ll be making this recipe more than just once a year.
Need some more tasty side dish inspiration? Checkout my BBQ Grilled Spaghetti Squash Rings, BBQ Corn Ribs with Smokehouse Mayo, Bacon and Smoked Gouda Corn Casserole and Cast Iron Roasted New Potatoes
Giving Cabbage the Respect it Deserves.
When preparing corned beef and cabbage the cabbage always takes a back seat. It’s always mushy overcooked slop while the potatoes and corned beef are just right.
This recipe gives cabbage the respect it truly deserves by cooking it separately and treating it with care.
This sheet pan everything cabbage recipe is quick and easy to prepare so its great when you’re looking for a simple side dish or a St. Paddy’s Day Side that will blow everyone away.
How to prep the Cabbage.
When cutting the head of cabbage the goal is to end up with 8 equal wedges that each have the stem attached to hold the wedge together.
If you have a smaller head of cabbage you may only cut the wedges into 4-6 portions. Start by removing any loose dark colored leaves and give the cabbage a rinse. After washing the cabbage be sure to pay it dry before slicing.
I always start with the stem pointed straight up and cut the head in half slicing straight through the center.
Next I cut each half into quarters. Finally taking each quarter and slicing those wedges in half for a total of 8 equal pieces.
Seasoning the Cabbage
After the cabbage is cut and portioned it’s time to season. I like to take the butter out ahead of time so it is soft and easily spread over the cabbage wedges.
I try to brush both sides of the wedges with butter so when they roast in the oven the butter will caramelize the cabbage on both sides. The butter also helps the everything bagel seasoning to attach to the cabbage.
This recipe could also be done on the grill for a charred flavor element. I would grill on both sides until I got a good sear then rotate to indirect heat until the cabbage was tender.
Sadly on the day I prepared this recipe it was raining and I didn’t feel like dealing with that. Both methods work great and it’s a fantastic side dish to go with more than just corned beef.
How Make Your Own Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 3 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 3 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Dried Minced Garlic
- 3 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Dried Minced Onion
Place all ingredients into a dry clean mason jar and shake to combine. Seal tightly and store for up to 6 months in a cool dry place
More St. Paddy’s Day Themed Recipes
- Low Carb Reuben Coleslaw
- Cast Iron Roasted New Potatoes
- Smoked Corned Beef
- Pastrami Roll Ups
- Reuben Egg Roll Bowl
Sheet Pan Everything Cabbage
- Peel off outer green leaves of the cabbage. Cut cabbage in half making sure to evenly cut the stem. Then cut each half into 4 half moon shaped pieces trying to have a piece of stem attached to each piece for a total of 8 portions.
- Preheat the oven for 425 degrees F. Melt butter in the microwave then brush both sides of the cabbage then season with everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Brush avocado oil on sheet pan then place cabbage onto the sheet pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Test cabbage by poking the stem with a paring knife. If the cabbage feels tender then its done, If it still feels raw continue cooking until tender.
- Place cabbage wedges onto a serving tray and pour over leftover butter from sheet pan.