BBQ Corn Ribs Recipe
I saw it on Tiktok and I new I had to make BBQ Corn Ribs. And Even though they look and taste nothing like ribs they do taste like fantastic corn on the cob.
Seasoned with my favorite bbq dry rub seasoning and roasted in the air fryer until tender sweet deliciousness. Zigzag with spicy smokehouse mayo and sprinkled with queso fresco cheese.
My Version of the Tiktok Viral Corn Ribs
Id be lying if I didn’t roll my eyes the first time I saw this viral Tiktok recipe but I kept an open mind and figured Id give it a try. Boy am I glad I did. These corn ribs are fun to eat and kids go crazy for them.
Not only are they kid friendly but you don’t have to watch your kids take three bites of an ear of corn and leave the rest untouched.
Corn Ribs are perfectly portioned for even the little ones and fun to eat for adults.
You eat corn ribs just like you would an ear of corn. Hold it by both ends and eat the kernels leaving the husk to be discarded.
BBQ Corn Ribs Recipe Video
Why are they Called Corn Ribs?
Im sure this is vegan propaganda trying to convince a carnivore that they can make corn taste just like ribs. Its a common move straight from the vegan playbook.
While I admit that when you cook the corn ribs they slightly curl resembling a rib and the seasoning are reminiscent of commonly use bbq flavors, I assure you this will not take the place of a slow smoked Rack of Pork Ribs.
That Said its a clever name and Ill play along as long as we know that Im serving these right along side a rack of baby backs and no one will get confused as to which is which.
- 6 ears Corn on the Cob
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp BBQ Dry Rub
- ⅓ cup Queso Fresco Cheese
- Cilantro Garnish
How to Cut Corn Ribs
WARNING!!! Be careful, I have over 20 years professional cooking experience in restaurants and I almost chopped off my finger.
I used a cleaver, then a chef knife but I found that my sharp wood handled paring knife was the safest and easiest way to cut these “ribs”.
Start by cutting off both ends of the ear of corn then use the paring knife starting in the center and cutting towards the end all the way though the corn.
Next rotate and cut though the other side cutting the corn into 2 pieces. then repeat the process with the 2 halves giving you 4 corn ribs while still having all 10 of your fingers…hopefully
Corn Ribs in the Air Fryer
This recipe is most commonly made in the air fryer. Its easy and you don’t have to heat u the kitchen by running your conventional oven.
Simply toss the corn ribs in oil then season with dry rub then roast in the air fryer at 375 degrees F. for about 10-14 minutes until the corn starts to turn slightly golden
If you have an air fryer oven with racks be sure to rotate the racks half way through the cooking process.
Corn Ribs in the Oven, Grill and More
If you don’t hav an Air Fryer don’t you worry. You can make corn ribs in the oven on a sheet pan just the same as you would the air fryer.
If you have a cooling rack to elevate the corn ribs to let the air flow cook the ribs evenly. You can also place the corn ribs on the grill and cook them quickly.
Lightly char them on both sides then move them to indirect heat for a few additional minutes and they will be delicious
How to Make Smokehouse Mayo
Theres nothing complicated about this sauce but it sure is tasty. You can use smokehouse mayo as a dipping sauce with chicken and shrimp or serve it with veggies.
Its a sauce that everyone loves so I make it often. All you need is 2 ingredients: Duke’s Mayonnaise and BBQ Sauce.
The Duke’s Mayo is nonnegotiable!! I’ll allow you to use any bbq sauce you like but I won’t budge on the mayo.
Simply whisk together ¾ cup Duke’s Mayonnaise and ¼ cup of BBQ sauce. if the sauce seems a bit thick add a tbsp of water to thin it out.
I store the smokehouse mayo in a squeeze bottle but it never lasts long before Im making another batch.
More Summertime Side Dishes you Need to Make!!!
- Corn & Avocado Summer Salad
- Bacon and Smoked Gouda Corn Casserole
- Skillet Pumpkin Cornbread w/ Bourbon Maple Butter
- Hawaiian Potato Salad w/ Fried Spam
- Keto Baked Feta w/ Roasted Cauliflower
- Low Carb Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
- Easy Cheesy Smoked Mac & Cheese
BBQ Corn Ribs
- Air Fryer
- Cut both ends off of the shucked ears of corn then CARFULLY cut the corn on the cob into 4 "ribs" lengthwise. Toss the corn ribs with avocado oil then season with bbq dry rub
- Place the corn ribs in the air fryer. If using a basket style be sure to not overcrowd the basket. If you have an oven style air fryer just space out the corn ribs evenly between the two racks
- Cook the ribs at 375 Degrees F for 10-14 minutes until the corn slightly curls and the kernels begin to look roasted. If using a oven style air fryer rotate the racks half way through the cooking process.
- Prepare the smokehouse mayo by combining dukes mayonaisse and bbq sauce. If the mixture seems too thick add a tbsp of water as needed. Transfer to a queeze bottle and refrigerate
- Once the corn ribs are fully cooked plate them up and drizzle the smokehouse mayo over the ribs then top with queso fresco and cilantro.